This is the best recipe for making a turkey stock! Warning: this may be a bit graphic for my vegetarian friends!
Thanks to Bryan’s mom Nancie for sharing this recipe. I had no idea how flavorful this would be – the clincher is absolutely in roasting the bones. So, here goes…
1. Break up the turkey carcass a bit.
2. Lay out on a sheet and drizzle a little olive oil on the top.
3. Roast in the over on 450 for about an hour. Turn the pieces a couple of times. See how it gets all roasty brown? It also smells like Thanksgiving again!
4. put all the pieces in a pot with 2 unpeeled carrots (chopped), 2 onions (quarterted but not peeled), 2 celery stalks, 10 peppercorns, 7 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick (really!), 2 turkish bay leaves, 1TBSP dried thyme, 1TBSP dried marjoram, a rosemary sprig, 1 TSP salt….and some leftovers (little gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing)
5. put the pan on the stovetop and over med.heat deglaze to get the goodies off the pan (use a little white wine). pour that into the pot too!
6. fill the pot with water to where it just covers the contents of the pot. bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for about 2 hours..
7. strain it! what’s left is awesome turkey stock! It’ll make great soup!